Wednesday, 20 September 2017
logo
Up-to-the-minute perspectives on defence, security and peace
issues from and for policy makers and opinion leaders.
        



dv-header-dday
     |      View our Twitter page at twitter.com/defenceredbox     |     

inmemoriam

The UK is not the only country losing troops in Afghanistan. Denmark is fighting alongside the British Army in Helmand Province. Here are the 43 lost to date


For more information see http://veteran.forsvaret.dk/Pages/forside.aspxand http://veteran.forsvaret.dk/omos/kontaktkommunikation/fakta/Pages/Faktablade.aspx

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 1A

Overkonstabel Brian Juul Nrlv Andersen

1975 2002

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 1A

Overkonstabel Kim Carlsen

1966 2002

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 1A

Oversergent Thomas Kruse Butzkowsky

1975 2002

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Oversergent John Mogensen

1955 2004

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 3

Premierljtnant Steen Rnn Srensen

1982 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 4

Konstabel Mikkel Keil Srensen

1982 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 4

Konstabel Thorbjrn Ole Reese

1984 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 4

Major Anders Johan Sthr Storrud

1973 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 4

Konstabel Casper Alexander Cramer

1986 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 4

Konstabel Mark Visholm

1985 2007

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Konstabel Morten Krogh Jensen

1986 2008

Afghanistan, KAF CE

Seniorsergent Jens Mathias Petersen

1952 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Seniorsergent Sonny Kappel Jakobsen

1962 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Kaptajn Christian Jrgen Grundt Damholt

1974 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Konstabel Anders Bjrn Storgaard

1986 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Overkonstabel Christian Raaschou

1983 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 5

Overkonstabel Jesper Gilbert Pedersen

1980 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Oversergent Henrik Christian Christiansen

1978 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Konstabel Jacob Grnnegaard Gade

1986 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Overkonstabel Dan Gyde

1979 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Sergent Jacob Moe Jensen

1985 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Konstabel Sebastian la Cour Holm

1986 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 6

Konstabel Benjamin Davi Sala Rasmussen


1987 2008

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 7

Konstabel Mads Lerche Rasmussen

1988 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 7

Overkonstabel Andreas Sgaard Brohus

1982 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 7

Konstabel Martin Abildgaard

1986 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 8

Konstabel Steffen Bloch Larsen

1986 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 8

Sergent Michael Ebert

1984 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 8

Konstabel Rune Westy Zacharias Nielsen

1986 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 8

Konstabel Kenneth Patrick Nielsen

1986 2009

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 8

Konstabel Simon Sejer Hoffmann

1986 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 9

Konstabel Sophia Bruun

1987 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 9

Flyveroverkonstabel Martin Kristiansen

1977 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 9

Premierljtnant Jonas Peter Plger

1983 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 9

Overkonstabel Jimmi Bgebjerg Petersen


1981 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 9

Overkonstabel Erik Berre Rolandsen

1984 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 10

Konstabel Simon Mundt Jrgensen

1989 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 10

Konstabel Mikkel Jrgensen

1989 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 10

Overkonstabel Jrgen Randrup

1983 2010

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 10

Konstabel Samuel Enig

1987 2011

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 11

Konstabel Alexander Biune

1988 2011

Afghanistan, ISAF, Hold 12

Jacob Sten Lund Olsen

1989 2011

Add comment


Security code
Refresh

Latest from icasualties.org

  • AP- Taliban kill 3 abducted government workers
    An Afghan official says the Taliban have killed three government employees abducted last month in western Herat province. Gelani Farhad, spokesman for the provincial governor in Herat, says the three included two employees from the customs department and their driver. He says they were abducted about 20 days ago and their bodies were found on Monday evening.
  • militarytimes- Afghanistan takes delivery of first Black Hawks
    The U.S. delivered the first two of a planned 159 U.S. UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters to Afghanistan on Monday, according to Capt. William Salvin, a spokesperson for Operation Resolute Support. The helicopters were delivered to Kandahar airfield by U.S. Air Force C-17 loadmasters assigned to Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina.
  • Janes- IED attack kills four civilians in Afghanistan's Khost
    FOUR civilians were killed and 13 others were wounded in an improvised explosive device (IED) attack by unidentified militants in the basement of Hammam Market in Afghanistan's Khost province on 17 September, Afghan Islamic Press reported. No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
  • ToloNews- Gunmen Kidnap Mirza Olang Village's ALP Commander
    Armed anti-government men on Tuesday afternoon kidnapped the commander of the Afghan Local Police for Mirza Olang village from Sar-e-Pul city, the provincial council confirmed. The kidnapped commander, Habibullah, was stationed in Mirza Olang village in Sayyad district.
  • Reuters- US Military surgeons in Afghanistan treat civilian injuries
    At U.S. military facilities in Afghanistan, roughly half of the surgeries done for local civilians during more than a decade of war have been for non-combat injuries and health problems, a recent study suggests. From January 2002 through March 2013, a total of 5,786 local civilians underwent 9,428 surgical procedures at U.S. military treatment centers in Afghanistan, accounting for 37,121 inpatient hospital days, researchers report in JAMA Surgery.
  • KP- Suicide attack in Pakistan leaves 23 dead, wounded
    At least twenty people were killed or wounded in a suicide attack in Balochistan province of the country. The incident took place in the vicinity of Chaman located close to Afghanistan late on Monday. According to the local officials, a suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the vehicle of the security forces.
  • BNA- Roadside Mine Blast Leaves 6 Civilians Dead
    Six civilians lost their lives in explosion of a roadside mine in Daman District, Kandahar province yesterday. Zeya Dorani spokesman of Kandahar security directorate told BNA, six civilians martyred while their vehicle hit a roadside mine in Abdul Wahid village, Daman District of the province.
  • KP- Pakistani and ISIS militants killed in Nangarhar airstrike and operations
    Several militants including militants of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and loyalists of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group were killed during the airstrike and ground operations in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan. The provincial government media office in a statement said the militant suffered the casualties in Bati Kot and Achin districts.
  • LATimes- After tough Trump speech, Pakistan scrambles to answer U.S. demands in Afghanistan
    Pakistan, facing growing pressure internally and from the United States about the relationship between the two countries, is weighing how to respond to U.S. demands that it do more to help stop the fighting in Afghanistan.
  • Reuters- Six civilians killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan
    A roadside bomb in Afghanistan’s southern province of Kandahar killed at least six civilians traveling in a car that hit the device, officials said on Monday. “It was a bomb which had recently been planted by the Taliban to target Afghan forces but a civilian car went through it,” said Fazel Bari Baryalai, a spokesman for the provincial governor, adding: “All the people killed in the car were young people from the area.”

British military casualties - Editorial policy

In the service of our country.

Eulogies for all personnel killed on UK operations in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere are posted as soon as they have been released by the UK Ministry of Defence. Each eulogy we publish for men down in operations brings a lump to the throat. We are losing the best of the best. Politicians must ensure that, when the newspaper cuttings have faded, their sacrifice has had some meaning, has helped bring about a good result. Anything else would be a waste for which they will be eternally condemned.

There is invariably at least a 24 hour gap between the official release of news of an event and the naming of the dead. This is to allow families to be informed and proper eulogoies to be produced. Occasionally families request no euologies or comment. We abide by guidance we receive on such sensitive matters. We regret that information on those who sacrifice almost as much through grave injury is seldom released by the MoD for operational reasons, and so we are unable to pay tribute.

 

Cookies
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Defence Viewpoints website. However, if you would like to, you can modify your browser so that it notifies you when cookies are sent to it or you can refuse cookies altogether. You can also delete cookies that have already been set. You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. Please note that you will lose some features and functionality on this website if you choose to disable cookies. For example, you may not be able to link into our Twitter feed, which gives up to the minute perspectives on defence and security matters.